One of the great and most commonly used button in PCs is F1 button which in many application is associated to help files. One of the most used commands is AutoCAD based programs is Escape (ESC). Unfortunately these two buttons are next to each other in most today’s keyboards so that when user wants to hit escape command accidentally can hit F1 button which will then load help and could be annoying at times. Don’t worry it’s very easy to disable it in CUI dialog. I am sure there are many online places where you can find similar workarounds, but here is one version by Being Civil blog.
1. Please type CUI in command line and in the current Workspace expand keyboard shortcuts, expand Shortcut Keys
2. Then on the bottom of the CUI dialog under Command List type Canc and Cancel will be one of the available option below.
3. Drag Cancel command in the Shortcut Keys and then select it.
4. Now on the right side (having Cancel selected) click on Key(s) field.
5. Then click on ellipse button […]. This will display another dialog Shortcut Keys and then just hit F1 button on your keyboard and OK.
6. This way your F1 button will not open help menu but you will still be able to open it via HELP or from the menu icon (?).
7. Happy holidays!