Where to set the default surface style to be used when creating Grading objects? If you asked yourself the same question and if you spent quite some time looking (unsuccessfully) for that setting under Create Grading command, than this post is just for you.
In short, even though the surface settings is being part of the Grading workflow the surface is still being created with CreateSurface command and it still takes its settings from there. So if you edit command settings for Surface globally or with Create Surface and then edit CreateGradingGroup command to automatically create surface program will pick defaults from that settings. Here are the steps:
1. In Settings tab under Grading>Commands select CreateGradingGroup and choose Edit Command Settings (assuming you have your style set, I will use Surface Style called “myDefaultStyle”)
2. Set…surface style set to myDefaultStyle
3. From Home Ribbon>Create Grading Tool click on Set Grading Group icon
Create Grading Group and check Automatic surface creation (if selected to false in the CreateGradingGroup command setting; see image above).
4. Accept defaults and click OK
5. Click on Select Surface and confirm that the style is set to be myDefaultStyle surface
7. Once you create grading, program will also automatically create your surface with default settings. Confirm that in Prospector tab