As you may have noticed, the electronic download of Infrastructure Design Suite (Premium or Ultimate) contains NO Country Kit. If you are based outside of US or doing business in other countries you may want to know this. Our friend and co-worker from our Munich’s (Germany) office Christian Bauer was kind to share his procedure with our Being Civil community. Thanks Christian. Before we start there is a note that needs to be mentioned – This procedure will only apply for installation or deployment of Civil 3D from Suites and localized version. Installation from localized version from USB sticks is not affected. To see how you can add the Country Kit to your Deployment/Installation click on continue.
Standard Installation of Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Ultimate 2012 with COUNTRY KIT
1. Log into Subscription Center and Download of Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Ultimate 2012.
2. Download Country Kit for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 from Autodesk website (link underlined).
3. Unzip downloaded Country Kit File.
4. Start Installation of Infrastructure Design Suite 2012.
5. Configure Installation of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, and add Country Kits, by clicking on „Add Content…“ and select the XML-File from unzip Country Kit.
6. Start Installation of Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Ultimate 2012.
Creating Deployment of Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Ultimate
1. Download desired Infrastructure Design Suite version
2. Unzip all downloaded files (Do not start the Installation, only unzip the Program)
3. Download Country Kit for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 from Autodesk website (link underlined).
4. Unzip the Country Kit.
5. Copy Folder e.g. „C3D_CONTENT_Germany“ of the unzipped Country Kit, in Folder „C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Infrastructure_Design_Suite_XXX_2012_XXXXX_Win_XXbit\Content\en“.
Please Note: the unzip Folder of the Country Kit contains the same Subfolder again, which have to be copied!
6. Rename Folder e.g. „C3D_CONTENT_Germany“ to „C3D_CONTENT_Germany_Master“.
7. Create now the Deployment of Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Ultimate.
Note: Adding Country Kit to the Deployment during creation of Deployment will not work. You can see it at the end, as the Folder “Content\en” does not contain the Country Kit.
UPDATE: New version of Suites now contain Country Kits, meaning that if you are downloading it now you don't have to go through the procedure above. If your download has an executable "...R1.exe" than you are downloading the latest version. Thank you, Christian for your update.