Civil 3D is a program that works pretty well with other programs and it also allows other third party applications to be installed and configured to work with Civil 3D. Many times, especially if working with survey data, you may receive JOB file which you would like to import into Civil 3D. Although you can’t directly import JOB file in Civil 3D, there is a way to make it work. See how after the jump.
To use survey information collected in JOB files we have to have Trimble Link extensions installed, so we can import job files. You may install them from Trimble web site http://www.trimble.com/link_ts.asp?Nav=Collection-27103
Here are the steps to take to make conversion of JOB file into FBK.
1. Create drawing from any available templates (_AutoCad Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS Extended.dwt) and save it
2. From Trimble ribbon that will show up after you installed Trimble Link choose Import Job
3. From Open dialog click on Create New Device icon
4. From Create New Device dialog box select Survey Data Card
6. Back in Open dialog box, select newly added Device (Trimble files) and Open
Note: You have some additional options in the dialog; please use help to get familiar with it.
9. In Import Survey Data Select Survey database or create new one