When helping yourself or helping others the best place to start your journey is - help menu! The online Help system for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 has also been significantly restructured to provide faster, search-based results thats's easy to navigate. As before, you can access it from the Help icon on the InfoCenter or by pressing F1 key on your keyboard. Either way should work just fine.
The Online help window is displayed by default. But if you prefer to use the system stored on your computer you may go into Options menu>System tab and uncheck it there. So this is all the same as before.
What is different, you may ask? Once you get into Help you will see that the interface looks nicer and easier to navigate. One other thing that is different is that now each article shows following options (icons): Home, Show in Content, Navigation buttons, Favorites and Share.
- Home button gets you…well, to home page
- Show in Content. It will allow you to enable Contents on the left, but also if right-click you may see an option “Copy Link”. This will allow you to send the article’s online link. Very useful feature for all of us supporting others.
- Navigation buttons allow quick and easy going back and forth and up. Very intuitive so no further explanation needed!
- Favorites. How many times you have found a good article and then the next time you needed it had hard time finding it? Use favorites and never lose it again.
- Envelop icon. Other way to share the articles. When you click here, program automatically opens Outlook and let you send the link to the article.
More to come!