As many of you may have already known, Almas wrote this great post for Civil 3D 2012 which streamlines the process to reset your user settings when troubleshooting user specific issues. To simplify this for the new release I am posting the updated steps and paths for 2013:
- Go into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013
- Right-click in it and chose New and Shortcut
- In the next dialog paste following text (including quotes) "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\AdMigrator.exe" /reset and click Next
- Then type Reset User Settings (or anything you wish) for a name of this shortcut and hit Finish
- Now go to Start>All Programs>Autodesk>AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and note that Reset User Settings is listed
- Now go ahead and run it if you wish
You can even create a little desktop icon like I did, which makes it even more accessible as I often run this utility to bring me back to stock settings.