I just wanted to share something with you that I encountered last week. In fact, it was a customer reporting the issue where his tool palette was showing only block and no civil assemblies and subassemblies were there. See this picture.
Looking at the default location C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Support\ToolPalette it all looked normal.
Luckily (and I have no memory of what I did and when) I was able to see the same issue on my machine. Perhaps, because during the troubleshooting of many daily issues I have, I may have placed, misplaced or whatnot some of the files program needed to run. Long story short - I was able to see the issue…which is generally a good start. To see how to resolve without reinstall, after the jump.
It appeared that something corrupted my tool palette settings on my user profile. In the situation like this it is the safest to run repair or reinstall to resolve it. Sometimes it is probably quicker to invest 10 minutes and have the installer takes care of it then doing what I did. But, since I wanted to see is there is a way to do it without reinstall (to save all customizations you may have done) I chose this path.
- In order to resolve without re-install you may go into one working machine, zip up and copy your ToolPalette folder. This location is Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Support\ (on working machine)
- Place zipped file on a location accessible from your troubled machine (i.e. network share)
- Then go to the following location on your troubled machine and delete ToolPalette folder: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Support\
- Then, on your machine unzip the file here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Support\
- Restart Civil 3D 2013 and see if you got your tools back. You should be able to see this:
Stay tuned for more.