So often, people are puzzled at how to control the Draw Order of raster images in AutoCAD Map/Civil 3D. Most users don't want their linework obscured by an aerial image! Here are some tips to help you in this regard:
If Image is Inserted -
• Send your raster to the back (select the image frame, right-click, and look under Draw Order).
• Assign a transparency to the raster (called Fade on the ribbon, when the image is selected).
• Check your DRAWORDERCTL variable - it should be set to 3.
• Check your TREEDEPTH variable. More information on this in the AutoCAD user guide here.
If Image is brought in using Data Connect -
• Check Draw Order in Display Manager, and ensure that your raster layer is at the bottom
• Try turning the raster layer off and back on using the checkbox.
• Try right-clicking the raster layer and choosing Resample Raster.
Finally, you might also check into the following solution:
Draw order change after editing features
If nothing seems to help, then you might try starting with a fresh DWG file.